Here’s the second part of my wild ride of an interview with Multimedia Storyteller, Brandee Sanders. We talked about her journey as a woman in tech and what other women in tech must consider when advancing in the field.
We also discussed:
- How Brandee recognizes the challenges of being a woman in tech but doesn’t get consumed by them
- The importance of women supporting other women
- Keeping the door held open for the person behind you
- How rising to the top can sometimes hurt individuals and those around them
- How women have to work twice as hard to prove themselves
- How important mentorship is and how undervalued it is
- More about why Brandee decided to step behind the cameras and what it has allowed her to do
- Mansplaining, bro business, and nepotism (don’t worry, that part stays pretty tame)
- The importance of literacy in choosing the right person for any given job
- Microcosms and echo chambers
- How Brandee maintains the mentality of a lifelong learner, especially in a position of leadership
- Brandee’s journey as a mom and her compassion for other moms
- The two podcasts she’s working on
- Brandee’s journey going from “white trash to white collar” (her words, not mine 😉)
Find out more about Brandee on social media:
- LinkedIn: Brandee Sanders https://www.linkedin.com/in/brandeesanders/
- Twitter: @PlanetBrandy https://twitter.com/PlanetBrandee
- Her website brandeesanders.com
This episode was very skillfully made to sound beautiful by the talented Humberto Franco (http://www.humbertofranco.com/).
Would you consider reviewing the Audio Branding Podcast? If so, here’s the Apple Podcast link: https://podcasts.apple.com/podcast/audio-branding/id1489042453 And if you like what you hear (and read!) – please do share it with anyone you think might be interested. Thanks so much!
And if you’re interested in crafting an audio brand for your business, why not check out my FREE Audio Branding Worksheet?