Fast forward to 1993. Through gaming (Dungeons and Dragons, to be exact), I was introduced to “Filk” music—the music that’s played at science fiction/fantasy conventions. In 1994, I joined two friends from the fandom world to form an acoustic band called Urban Tapestry. In our time together, we’ve headlined at music conventions in Canada, the U.S., and Europe.
My first voiceover work was in 1995 when I spent a year in a volunteer position with the Canadian National Institute for the Blind (CNIB) creating books on tape. And by tape, I mean real “tape.”—reel to reel, baby. Several years later, I took the leap to venture out on my own, and boy, has it been rewarding.
I’ve done voiceover work in the healthcare, corporate, hospitality, political, and non-profit sectors, among others. No matter your specific need, know that I’m a reliable partner in your business and I provide super quick turn-arounds – because I know how fast your business moves. My number one goal is to make you look good!
My highly satisfied clients include Dell, Bose, BBVA, Subway, Steinmart, Bissell, Unisom, Joe DiMaggio Children’s Hospital, Kraft, Visit Orlando, HGTV, and more.
Here are some fun facts about me:
- I was honored to be the Winner of the 2018 SOVAS Award for Outstanding Narration Demo.
- I’m a filker! My all-female, acoustic band, Urban Tapestry is pretty well-known in the Filk scene (science fiction- / fantasy-themed music).
- I’m a self-taught computer nerd. I sold computer hardware back when the 386SX was shiny and new. (Wow, am I showing my age!)
- My love of computers led to my discovery of this mind-blowing thing called the internet back in the early 1990s. That led me into web design and the creation of a songwriting resource called The Muse’s Muse that I ran from 1994 until 2016.
- I started doing search engine optimization and internet marketing work back when banner ads were all the rage. (I’m getting older by the second . . . )
- If I could have a chip in my head keeping me connected to the Internet, I’d totally do that. I’m just about constantly connected (which is how I’m able to respond to emails so quickly)!
- In case you’re wondering, yes, I’m a grown woman who (still) loves comic books and D&D. Think of me as a smart, wry, Tina Fey-like, post-apocalyptic warrior princess leading an army of Dr. Who and Firefly fans in an epic battle cry.
From Disney to Depend and beachside resorts to little blue pills, I’ve just about done it all! (The voiceover work, that is.) I truly love what I do, and what I do, is make your job as easy as possible. Want to know more? Send me an audition request. I’ll get back to you lightning fast. You can also check out my Professional Services Guarantee for more information about my work ethic and what you can expect when we work together.