Looking for a directable, easy-going and dedicated voice actor?
You've come to the right place!
My goal is to be a resource to you—to make your job a piece of cake! Casting a voice has never been easier. With me, you get top-tier customer service and super-fast turnaround—a vocal treat that makes your message really stand out.
My voiceover journey began with singing—since around the time I started talking. (It’s still up for debate as to which I started first!) Music has always been a way our family connects. When I was little, my dad would pull out his trusty guitar and my mom would sing to my sister and I at bedtime.
Fast forward to 1993. Through gaming (Dungeons and Dragons, to be exact), I was introduced to “Filk” music—the music that’s played at science fiction/fantasy conventions. In 1994, I joined two friends from the fandom world to form an acoustic band called Urban Tapestry. In our time together, we’ve headlined at music conventions in Canada, the U.S., and Europe.
My first voiceover work began in 1995 when I spent a year in a volunteer position with the Canadian National Institute for the Blind (CNIB) creating books on tape. And by tape, I mean real “tape.”—reel to reel, baby. Several years later, I took the leap to venture out on my own, and boy, has it been rewarding.
I’ve done voiceover work in the healthcare, corporate, hospitality, political, and nonprofit sectors, among others. No matter your specific need, know that I’m a partner in your business, and my number one goal is to make you look good!
My highly satisfied customers include Dell, Bose, Subway, Steinmart, Bissell, Unisom, Joe DiMaggio Children’s Hospital, Kraft, Visit Orlando, HGTV, and more.
Here are some fun facts about me:
- I have an English Lit degree, which led to my love of words and how powerful they can be.
- I was honored to be the Winner of the 2018 SOVAS Award for Outstanding Narration Demo.
- I’m a filker! My all-female, acoustic band, Urban Tapestry is pretty well-known in the Filk scene (science fiction- / fantasy-themed music).
- I’m a self-taught computer nerd. I sold computer hardware back when the 386SX was shiny and new. (Wow, am I showing my age!)
- My love of computers led to my discovery of this mind-blowing thing called the internet back in the early 1990s. That led me into web design and the creation of a songwriting resource called The Muse’s Muse that I ran from 1994 until 2016.
- I started doing search engine optimization and internet marketing work back when banner ads were all the rage. (I’m getting older by the second . . . )
- If I could have a chip in my head keeping me connected to the Internet, I’d totally do that. I’m just about constantly connected (which is how I’m able to respond to emails so quickly)!
- In case you’re wondering, yes, I’m a grown woman who (still) loves comic books and D&D. Think of me as a smart, wry, Tina Fey-like, post-apocalyptic warrior princess leading an army of Dr. Who and Firefly fans in an epic battle cry.
From Disney to Depend and beachside resorts to little blue pills, I’ve just about done it all! (The voiceover work, that is.) I truly love what I do, and I’d love to make voiceover work a piece of cake for you.
Want to know more? Send me an audition request. I’ll get back to you lightning fast.
You can also check out my Professional Services Guarantee for more information about my work ethic and what you can expect when we work together.