Here’s the second part of my interview with technologist and teacher, Chip Edwards. In it, we discussed the shift made when moving from a visual interface to voice technology and how that affects a brand’s capability to connect with its audience as well as the user experience.
We also talked about:
- What an invocation name is and how it parallels a domain name
- How Chip is helping blind individuals get their blogs out on voice devices
- How spelling doesn’t matter with an invocation name, but rather the sounds in that name
- The crossover between voice technology and the internet of things (IOT)
- How cameras in our refrigerators can tell us when we’re low on milk and even order it for us
- Privacy concerns with advertising and marketing
- How giving up some of our privacy allows us to experience many conveniences that we wouldn’t be able to otherwise
- How Google is benefiting from providing us with “free” Gmail service
- Siri, KFC, and other voice imprints
- How we’re able to add emotion and other levels of humanness to voice conversion technology
- How individuals who are unable to speak are utilizing text to speech technology to communicate
To find out more about Chip and his work, check out the following social media platforms:
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/cedwards/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/ChipEdwards4
- Create My Voice on Twitter: https://twitter.com/CreateMyVoice
- Create my Voice on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/CreateMyVoice/
You can also take a look at the company’s website www.createmyvoice.com.
This episode was very skillfully made to sound beautiful by the talented Humberto Franco (http://www.humbertofranco.com/).
Would you consider reviewing the Audio Branding Podcast? If so, here’s the Apple Podcast link: https://podcasts.apple.com/podcast/audio-branding/id1489042453 And if you like what you hear (and read!) – please do share it with anyone you think might be interested. Thanks so much!
And if you’re interested in crafting an audio brand for your business, why not check out my FREE Audio Branding Worksheet?