Here’s the second part of my interview with marketing upheaval expert Rudy Fernandez. We talked about how he directs voice talent while in a session and the most important thing to consider when doing so.
We also spoke about things like:
- How Rudy self-admittedly tends to overdirect and how he navigates that with the voice talent he works with
- The importance of always keeping voice talent involved in the creative process
- The difference between character reads and announcer reads
- How to ensure that the right voice talent is selected for a brand
- The importance of brands having multiple touch points for their audiences
- How companies are still utilizing radio advertising to this day
- The work Rudy’s company is doing with The University of Alabama College of Continuing Studies
- How audio can connect with audiences in ways other media cannot
- The use of earcons and how they serve as an audio logo of sorts
- What Rudy is working on during the Coronavirus shutdown (during which time we recorded this episode)
- What Rudy’s daughter, a voice talent, is up to right now and the work she does in L.A.
- A little bit about what I’ve been up to during the shutdown (only because Rudy asked!) 😄
You can check out more about Rudy and Creative Outhouse on the company’s website https://creativeouthouse.com and can listen to his podcast at https://creativeouthouse.com/podcast.
You can also find Rudy and Creative Outhouse on the following social platforms:
- His personal profile on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/rudyfernandez-ecd
- Creative Outhouse on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/creative-outhouse
- Creative Outhouse on Twitter: https://twitter.com/CreativeOuthous
- Creative Outhouse on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/CreativeOuthouse
- Creative Outhouse on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/creative_outhouse
This episode was very skillfully made to sound beautiful by the talented Humberto Franco (http://www.humbertofranco.com/).
Would you consider reviewing the Audio Branding Podcast? If so, here’s the Apple Podcast link: https://podcasts.apple.com/podcast/audio-branding/id1489042453 And if you like what you hear (and read!) – please do share it with anyone you think might be interested. Thanks so much!
And if you’re interested in crafting an audio brand for your business, why not check out my FREE Audio Branding Worksheet?