Chip Edwards is a speaker, entrepreneur, teacher, technologist, and the Chief Voice Officer of Create My Voice. Chip helps individuals and brands engage their audiences through voice technology, utilizing smart speakers like Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant. His company not only helps people strategize how they want to utilize voice apps but also builds those apps to help people deliver their content out to voice devices.
In part one of our conversation, Chip and I talked about how he became interested in his line of work, as well as:
- How Amazon has made a way for people, businesses, brands, and content creators to add their own capabilities onto smart speakers and other voice technologies
- What indicated to Chip that voice technology was going to get big
- How voice technology is becoming so much more than the smart speakers in our living rooms
- How devices called wearables are utilizing voice technology
- The privacy we are giving away in order to gain convenience
- The illusion of privacy
- How privacy (or lack thereof) comes into play with marketing and advertising
- Why Google Glass didn’t fare so well on the market
- One of Amazon’s latest products, glasses with Alexa built in
- How Chip helps business and brands stay one step ahead of the curve by effectively utilizing voice in reaching their audiences
To learn more, you can find Chip on the following social media platforms:
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/cedwards/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/ChipEdwards4
- Create My Voice on Twitter: https://twitter.com/CreateMyVoice
- Create my Voice on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/CreateMyVoice/
You can also check out www.createmyvoice.com to find out more about Chip’s work.
This episode was very skillfully made to sound beautiful by the talented Humberto Franco (http://www.humbertofranco.com/).
Would you consider reviewing the Audio Branding Podcast? If so, here’s the Apple Podcast link: https://podcasts.apple.com/podcast/audio-branding/id1489042453 And if you like what you hear (and read!) – please do share it with anyone you think might be interested. Thanks so much!
And if you’re interested in crafting an audio brand for your business, why not check out my FREE Audio Branding Worksheet?