This week’s episode is part 1 of an interview with Eric Seay. He has a deep understanding of vertical sound. He combines his love for the artistic expression of music and the study of psychoacoustics (fascinating, right?). He and his team have done extensive research into the power of sound and are constantly pushing the limits of what is possible for the future of audio branding. This is a conversation I’ve wanted to have for a while – and I hope you find it as fascinating as I do!
In this episode, we talk about:
- How things have been going since the start of COVID in NYC
- The change in industries for voice actors with COVID
- His background in audio
- How becoming a musician and studying music theory influenced his current path
- Why Eric minored in psychology
- What exactly is psychoacoustics
- The backend side of audio branding
- The shift in the commercial music industry
- The formation of Audio UX
- The purpose of Audio UX- bringing together audio and visual branding
- The importance of the audio logo and the company identity
- Things you can do modularly to keep your audio branding evergreen
- How different businesses have manipulated their audio logo to convey different emotions
- Universal sounds and icons
- Why audio branding is important
- How audio allows you to interact with different brands
- Transporting with different sounds to different places
- How he came up with a sound for a color
- The process of doing audio branding
- All the different components that get created during an audio branding process
The best way to contact Eric Seay and Audio UX is through their website at https://auxnyc.com/. You can find Audio UX on more social media platforms @aux_nyc (Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter).
This episode was very skillfully made to sound beautiful by the talented Humberto Franco (http://www.humbertofranco.com/).
Would you consider reviewing the Audio Branding Podcast? If so, here’s the Apple Podcast link: https://podcasts.apple.com/podcast/audio-branding/id1489042453 And if you like what you hear (and read!) – please do share it with anyone you think might be interested. Thanks so much!
And if you’re interested in crafting an audio brand for your business, why not check out my FREE download – 5 Tips For Implementing An Intentional Audio Strategy at https://voiceoversandvocals.com/audio-branding-strategy/