My next guest is the founder of YaYa Podcasting which empowers podcasters and podcasting professionals to create meaningful impact by providing production services, coaching and training. She’s the host of Just Podcasting, a seasonal show exploring podcasting life and culture and co-host of Podcast Editors Mastermind for those in the business of podcast post-production. She’s co-founder of the female podcast producers and editors community, Just Busters, which helps empower women in new media through networking, mentorship, advocacy and monthly trainings. I’m super pleased to be talking with Carrie Caulfield Arick – and I know this discussion will have a lot of useful information in it – especially for those of you who already have or are starting a podcast of your own! So pay attention! You might just learn a thing or two.
In this episode, Carrie and I discuss:
- How COVID has shifted her business
- What has happened to podcasting since COVID has hit
- How podcasting looks in different countries and cultures
- What led her to podcasting and audio
- Her first podcast love
- Her first podcast and the pains of getting started
- Starting her podcast consulting business
- Growing her podcast consulting business
- What she’s learned from growing her business and team
- What she loves the most about podcasts
- Carrie’s advice to keep people engaged in your podcast
- Carrie’s take on audio branding for podcasts
- How she works with her podcast clients
- Questions to ask yourself when picking the music/audio for your podcast
- Answering the question: how long should my podcast be?
If you want to get in contact with Carrie, you can find her at www.yayapodcasting.com. She can also be found on social media on Facebook at www.facebook.com/yayapodcasting/ or on Instagram at www.instagram.com/carriearick/.
This episode was very skillfully made to sound beautiful by the talented Humberto Franco (http://www.humbertofranco.com/).
Would you consider reviewing the Audio Branding Podcast? If so, here’s the Apple Podcast link: https://podcasts.apple.com/podcast/audio-branding/id1489042453 And if you like what you hear (and read!) – please do share it with anyone you think might be interested. Thanks so much!
And if you’re interested in crafting an audio brand for your business, why not check out my FREE download – 5 Tips For Implementing An Intentional Audio Strategy at https://voiceoversandvocals.com/audio-branding-strategy/