Concluding the second part of my interview with Carrie Caulfield Arick, we go even deeper into what exactly you need to do in order to start a podcast, marketing issues Carrie sees even the best marketing companies make, and what’s next for her.
In this episode, Carrie and I discuss:
- How to figure out what to do with your podcast
- Doing market research before you dive into creating podcast content
- How to look at negative reviews in a positive way
- Sponsoring yourself first and what it means
- How to create an ad for your podcast and the importance for your podcast
- How to market your podcast with a website
- Carrie’s upcoming curriculum for marketing podcasts
- The problems marketing companies are seeing with trying to market podcasts
- The commonalities between getting a podcast off the ground and a business
- Some of the top issues companies run into when they start a podcast
- The importance of quality sound on a podcast
- The balance in finding the best sound for each podcast
- Elements Carrie adds to podcasts to make them sound better
- The beauty of adding a bit of white space to a podcast
- What Carrie is currently working on
- Carrie’s free audit for your podcast
If you want to get in contact with Carrie, you can find her at www.yayapodcasting.com. She can also be found on social media on Facebook at www.facebook.com/yayapodcasting/ or on Instagram at www.instagram.com/carriearick/.
This episode was very skillfully made to sound beautiful by the talented Humberto Franco (http://www.humbertofranco.com/).
Would you consider reviewing the Audio Branding Podcast? If so, here’s the Apple Podcast link: https://podcasts.apple.com/podcast/audio-branding/id1489042453 And if you like what you hear (and read!) – please do share it with anyone you think might be interested. Thanks so much!
And if you’re interested in crafting an audio brand for your business, why not check out my FREE download – 5 Tips For Implementing An Intentional Audio Strategy at https://voiceoversandvocals.com/audio-branding-strategy/