In this interview, I’m speaking with someone who has a real knack for voice – Cynthia Zhai. She’s helped people from over 46 countries around the world improve their voices and speak with impact and conviction. If you’ve been wanting to improve the quality of your voice, this is the interview for you!
- Cynthia’s current living situation during COVID
- Cynthia’s background in singing and voice
- Falling into becoming a voice coach
- The development of her work – how do you change your voice?
- The realization people have had in the last year about the tone of a good voice
- If the tone of voice is low quality, then people won’t hear the content as well as they could
- Conveying emotions through our voices
- The science behind an attractive voice
- The voice sends out vibrations and some frequencies are more attractive/easier to listen to
- The constriction of the vocal cords and how it effects voice frequency
- Stress’s effect on the voice
- Authenticity’s part in producing a relaxed voice
- The importance of breathing when it comes to voice
- How to breathe properly when doing any sort of speaking
- The balloon analogy that gives a great visual for the proper way to breathe
- The importance of having proper voice quality for your brand
- Authenticity and relaxation and their importance for podcast hosts and guests
- Matching your voice to your brand
- Ways to improve your voice if you don’t like the sound of it
- The reason why your voice sounds differently to you than when you listen to a recording of it
You can find more information about Cynthia Zhai:
On her website: powerfulexecutivevoice.com
On her TED Talk: https://youtu.be/PcDerWSyccg
This episode was very skillfully made to sound beautiful by the talented Humberto Franco (http://www.humbertofranco.com/).
Would you consider giving this podcast an honest review? You can do that here: https://lovethepodcast.com/audiobranding. And if you like what you hear (and read!) – please do share it with anyone you think might be interested. Thanks so much!
And if you’re interested in crafting an audio brand for your business, why not check out my FREE download – 5 Tips For Implementing An Intentional Audio Strategy at https://voiceoversandvocals.com/audio-branding-strategy/