This is the second part of my discussion with Josuël Rogers, a coach who uses music – specifically Hip Hop – to help his students and clients develop self-awareness and confidence. We talked about how music influences our moods (making a playlist for yourself can really help!), how personal sound can be and the power of words (among other things). You can find him at Hip Hop Culture Coaching (https://www.hiphopculturecoaching.com), if you’d like to learn more about the services he offers and the information he has to share.
In the second part of our conversation, we talked about:
- Foley in film and the making of weather sounds
- How your mind associates a type of sound with the weather
- How the “filter” of a microphone changes sound
- Hearing your own voice from a third-person’s perspective
- Randomness and how that influences what we hear
- How the same song can represent different moods for different people
- How personal sound is
- How we fixate on sounds we’re more familiar with (a drummer focuses on the drums in music, for instance)
- The best kept secret about making playlists to help us experience the world in the way we want to
- Repetition is key – words matter (“impossible” puts a block on things immediately, etc.)
- Everything around you is a word
- How a hockey coach learned to better coach his team through Neuro Linguistic Programming
- Your brain not registering negatives
- What he’s working on right now – coaching
- More information about his podcast
- Where his podcast can be found: podcast.hiphopculturecoaching.com – and on Apple, Spotify, etc.
You can find more information on Josuël by locating him on LinkedIn at https://www.linkedin.com/in/josuelrogers/, on Instagram and Facebook as JosuelRogers & HipHopCultureCoaching, and you can find out about his own podcast by looking up The HipHop Minded Professional on any podcasting app you have available.
This episode was very skillfully made to sound beautiful by the talented Humberto Franco (http://www.humbertofranco.com/).
Would you consider reviewing the Audio Branding Podcast? If so, here’s the Apple Podcast link: https://podcasts.apple.com/podcast/audio-branding/id1489042453 And if you like what you hear (and read!) – please do share it with anyone you think might be interested. Thanks so much!